The Lovelies

Thursday 9 May 2013

The Tasting Box from FoodiePages.ca


Hello Lovelies! Its almost the weekend! I have a special treat for you today. FoodiePages.ca has come out with their scrumptious Tasting Box. Each month you receive a selection of 4-5 tasty morsels all right here from artisan food makers in Canada. The food is produced in small batches so there are limited and also handmade with the utmost care. The cost is only $10.95/month. I jumped at the chance of a Tasting Box.


Can you guess which of these items are already consumed? hehe
Left to right:

Superfruit Smoothies from Boo smoothies, Port Hope, Ontario. This flavour is Mangosteen+Passionfruit. I'm saving this for when I need a boost.

Nut Bar in Pumpkin Pie from Edible Rebellion, Calgary, Alberta. This was so thick it took me awhile to eat, but so filling too! It had tonnes of nuts and dried fruit.

Delicious Kicks Salsa in Roasted Green Cilantro and Tomatillo from Las Salsas, Winnipeg, Manitoba. This looks like a must try on burgers and BBQ.

Zesty Lemon Honey from Heavenly Honey, Blackburn Hamlet, Ontario. This will be a nice citrus zing in the morning with toast.

Spring Marshmallow Bites from Kimberly's Kitchen, Telkwa, British Columbia. These are all gone. Haha. I did not even think to have flavoured marshmallows. I've only ever had those weird coloured ones from the grocery store. These little bites are something to admire. They were flavoured with cocoa, lemon, lavender  and coconut and they were still marshmallows!  I loved them for sure. And really sad they are gone :(

Please check out FoodiePages.ca. If you don't go for the Foodie Boxes, then please check out all the food makers. You might even find one in your neighbourhood! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gen,

    Thanks for the great review! We're thrilled you enjoyed your first Tasting Box. We are featuring new Canadian artisan food & drink makers each month in these Tasting Boxes - and of course the individual products are also available to purchase in the FoodiePages.ca marketplace. All products are made fresh to order and shipped directly from the food maker to the customer.

    Thanks again for supporting local and Canadian food makers!

    Erin Maynes
    Co-founder
    www.FoodiePages.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh. This is my kind of box! Hashtag, foodies for life :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my first box and am so impressed. I can't believe how much you get for $11. I got a chutney that is to die for! So glad I signed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I do love reading all your comments and try to respond to each and every one!
Thank you, Lovelies :D